Judge: Helen Wayman
DOG CC – Nevedith Zufor Zeffa JW
RESERVE DOG CC – Mythic Balder Des Plaines Des Bruyeres avec Ranvelli JW
BEST PUPPY DOG – Aarminias Luv The Way You Lie
BEST VETERAN DOG -Ch Willingwisp Star Trooper
Sincere thanks to the Committee for the invite to judge at such prestigious show. Also to the exhibitors for entrusting me with their beautiful dogs. We started the day with a heartfelt round of applause for two wonderful whippet ladies Mrs Edith Newton and Mrs Morag Bolton-Lockhart who had sadly passed away. Both ladies I remember fondly and admired their many qualities and indeed their wins at this super show. Putting my personal and sad thoughts aside it was time to get on with the job in hand. The floor is not forgiving at all in movement and some dogs that I had previously done well outdoors did not cope with the flooring at all. Quality in some classes was a little disappointing, but there were plenty of good ones to choose from.
Special Veteran Dog 7-9 Years (6:1 abs)
- Snelgrove’s Huntinghill Jazztastic. What a lovely class to start the day, fawn and white dog, who has such quality, super head, elegant neck with a well laid shoulder, presents a good outline both standing and on the move, which he drove around the ring in style, just pipped by his dad for BVD
- Whitehead, Smith & Mixides’ Citycroft Never Forget, another lovely chap, he is a super outline with lots of curves, nothing exaggerated about him at all. He is all whippet, shown and presented in excellent condition a sound dog all through
- Rishworth’s Ipanema Indian Pearl JW another favourite making up a trio of quality boys.
Special Veteran Dog 10+ Years (3:1)
- Russell’s Ch Willingwisp Star Trooper what a super boy he is, just starting to look like a veteran, having awarded him 2 x RCC and a BV, obviously I love him, still as sound on the moves he was then.
- Leach’s Willingwisp Star Gazer Litter brother to trooper, he too is a quality chap, although looking a tad older than his brother, he was sound on the move and presented a shapely outline.
Minor Puppy Dog (8:2)
- Place’s Aarminias Luv The Way You Lie Brindle baby at his first show, he just oozes quality. Super head and expression, lovely neck into a lean well laid shoulder, good depth for age, what a super topline and underline, with good width to his thighs, such a super mover too BPD and BPIS, I loved him
- Neale’s Runaround Starman at Stormalong Classic fawn dog with white trim, he appeals for type and size, good head into a correct front, good depth and shape, both standing and on the move, very sound, liked him a lot too
- Dufty & Morland’s Triken Dream Chaser
Puppy Dog (6)
- Runaround Starman at Stormalong as 2nd minor puppy dog
- Mowbray’s West Chelan Quilted Caviar brindle and white parti, this boy was a touch reluctant at first to show off his many virtues, however he settled , super head with a clean front, needs to drop a touch in body, good topline and was a sound mover.
- Wood’s Ardencote Dating Destiny
Junior Dog (14:1)
- Newton’s By Design of Nevedith mainly white dog, He has such a super outline, lovely head, good front, your hands just flow over him, good width of thigh, very sound mover.
- Wilton-Clark’s Shalfleet The Lion King another super boy, he has a good head, super front and good depth, good underline and topline and a very sound chap on the move
- Head’s Demerlay Snowy Owl making a trio of super boys
Yearling Dog (13:2)
- Cahill & Timberlake’s Enolacans Antonio Banderas at Chipperlake JW (imp) Classic fawn dog, he has the look of elegance and good breed type, classic head , super neck and front, lovely flat bone, good depth, lovely curvy outline, sound and unexagerated on the move.
- Wilton-Clark’s Shalfleet Sir Tom JW ShCM Super brindle dog of correct size, although a different type to one, he too a classic whippet, attractive head, strong neck good front, good sound mover.
- Poole & Winkley-Balmer’s Edenwhip Quantum of Solace
Maiden Dog (3:2)
- Clewes & Cleaver’s Shardbeck Jet Set unplace in junior I liked him, but just looking a little immature against the others in junior. Quality boy, good head and ear, flat bone, with good depth of brisket, moved well
- Daniels’ Summersway Royal Gold fawn and white boy, a lovely honest dog, of a similar type to one, but sadly not holding his topline today.
Novice Dog (11:4)
- Leach’s Dejare Dutch Finale for Meonrun (naf) unplaced in junior but much more settled here. Fawn and white, needs to mature allthrough but good type and moved well
- Ardencote Dating Destiny puppy dog of good quality, nice type, bit unsettled today on the move
- Penbriar Dark Secret at Mannerpool
Undergraduate Dog (9)
- Glithero, Philo & Waugh’s Layways Northern Lights over Coppershell brindle dog, who is very masculine, super neck and shoulder, good depth, shapley outline with a good strong read, moved soundly
- Purvis & Johnston’s Danluke Death by Chocolate for Rheager fawn boy, only a youngster, needs to settle on the move but good type lovely fine coat and skin,
- Demerlay Snowy Owl
Post Graduate Dog (12:1)
- Ellam’s Tarward Jaguar avec Clionys JW really liked this handsome chap, correct unexxagerated boy, loved his head and super neck, good front and depth, super topline and good width to his thigh, moved really soundly.
- Owen & Brodie’s Oakbark Making Dreams at Wolfcastle close up to 1 , very smart boy, nice head, super flat bone and neat feet, correct topline and neat short hocks, a lovely boy
- Reece’s Danluke Disco Dancer at Gabledean
Mid Limit Dog (11)
- Wheeler’s Mythic Balder Des Plaines Des Bruyeres avec Ranvelli JW I have admired this lovely chap ringside, hes such a super boy to go over, such a super size, he has a melting expression, such well laid shoulders with good return of upper arm, enough depth, flat bone and neat feet, so curvy in outline, which he holds well on the move, so sound to and fro and viewed all round My RCC winner
- Poole’s Crosscop No Matter What, loved this boy very much too, such a quality chap, slightly taller than I, and not quite the free flowing outline but a very sound boy all through.
- Scholes’ Craigavad Once In A Lifetime
Limit Dog (19:1)
- Bowrey’s Cobyco Cause For Applause brindle dog who was not my immediate winner, he is slightly heavier than I would choose, but he is a sound balanced boy, presented in excellent condition, hes ok in front, good depth, and super topline, strong rear, and moved well
- Bellamy’s Kandalama Royale brindle and white parti, correct sized chap, who has matured into a lovely boy, nothing exaggerated or course, hes presented spot on, good clean shoulders and correct outline, moved soundly
- Yacoby’s Cobyco Standing Ovation
Open Dog (16:2)
- Newton’s Nevedith Zufor Zeffa JW Well what a class, I would happily award a CC to my shortlist, my winner was my BPD the last time I judged males, today he had to work hard to win this class and my word, he never put a paw wrong, he oozes quality such a stallion male without coarseness, hes such a pleasure to go over, super front, curvy outline and underline, strong rear, moved like a dream today, so settled and composed, My CC winner his third congratulations
- Johnston’s Ch Danluke Lord Of The Dance another super boy who I was quite taken with, hes so sound, with a lovely balanced outline, moving so sound when viewed all round, close up for the RCC
- Swe & Multi Ch Burnt Sienna Sandstone Quarry Another super boy
Special Open Racing/Lure Coursing Dog (1)
- Moonlake Miles To Go To Mannerpool Judged this lovely boy as a baby, he was 4th in the strong limit class, hes a classical whippet, sound honest dog, presented in condition